1. WHAT IS SPN PILATES?
Strength training, Pilates, & iNdoor cycling
SPN Pilates is a boutique studio in Calabasas offering an intense, fast-paced spin on the traditional Pilates workout. This amazing workout combines strength training with calorie-blasting cardio. We also offer an indoor cycling program, as well as a 45 minute cycle with weights for a total body cycling option.
Our small, 12-person Pilates classes let us offer the personalized instruction you desire with the high-energy enthusiasm of a group. We also believe in supporting the whole body through exercise and proper nutrition to encourage your health and well being, which is why we offer an optional personalized nutritional consultation.
Our cycle room has 25 bikes which makes the class super high energy and fun! We encourage you to hoot and holler and have some fun while sweating your buns off!
2. WHAT SHOULD I BRING & WEAR TO CLASS?
• You’ll want to wear comfortable workout clothes that allow your muscles to stretch. For Pilates classes, you’ll need a pair of “toesox” which are available for purchase at the SPN Pilates studio for $15; for indoor cycling, please wear tennis shoes or SPD compatible cycling shoes.
• Bring a towel since you’ll definitely break a sweat!
• And remember to bring plenty of water!
• Due to our small class size, please no strong perfumes as some members are allergic.
• Also as a courtesy to others, please turn off your cell phone and leave in your locker during class.
3. IS PARKING AVAILABLE?
Yes. We have plenty of free, easy-access parking.
4. I HAVE NEVER DONE PILATES, DO I NEED TO TAKE A PRIVATE FIRST?
At SPN Pilates in Calabasas, there are no specific “levels” required to take a class – if you’ve never done Pilates or are a veteran practitioner, you’ll find that you’ll be able to make the most out of each class. Our instructors will help you learn the correct form and are there to answer any of your questions. If you have a physical or medical condition, please consult your physician before signing up and let your instructor know so that we can modify your workout.
Still nervous? Try the FREE demo class that's designed especially for beginners! The class size is smaller and the pace is slower with a lot of attention to form to make sure you stay safe and learn proper technique. Pilates Demo classes are held every Wednesday night at 7:00pm.
5. WHAT HAPPENS IF I NEED TO CANCEL A CLASS?
Even if it's your first time at SPN Pilates, we require a 8-hour notice before making any kind of changes to your schedule. We charge an additional $15 each time you cancel or reschedule a Pilates class without giving us the full 8-hour notice, and $25 if you are a no-show. We charge an additional $10 each time you cancel or reschedule any other class offered other than Pilates without giving us the full 8-hour notice, and $15 if you are a no-show. Sorry, there are no exceptions.
6. HOW CAN I CONTACT THE STUDIO WITH GENERAL BILLING QUESTIONS?
SPN Pilates’ office hours are from 9 a.m to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday. You can call 818-878-9982 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as quickly as possible. Please note that our instructors can’t handle billing issues. We recommend all our members become familiar with our automated booking system. It is the easiest, fastest and most accurate way to book classes. If you forgot your password or need more info, call SPN Pilates or e-mail us.
7. DO YOU HAVE CHILDCARE?
No. While we love children, due to safety and insurance concerns we cannot allow them to stay in the studio while class is in session. It is not safe to have little hands near the machines. We thank you in advance for making other arrangements for your children while you’re attending class.